Based on traffic exchange system DTEL-IX was launched Route Server (RS) service. This service is provided under separate order as a part of connection to DTEL-IX Services and it’s free of charge. Key benefit of using RS is reducing the quantity of “two-point interconnects” and migration to route information exchange via single point. In this case data traffic is transferred between networks connected to DTEL-IX directly, bypassing RS. RS is duplicated for reliable and stable functioning.
RS is located at technical premises Haydara, 50.
IP-address: RS0 22.214.171.124/23, RS1 126.96.36.199/23
Detailed information about DTEL-IX members who has route information exchange with RS you can get in RIPE database by requesting description AS 31210 (RS):
whois -h whois.ripe.net as31210
Any DTEL-IX member may send request to e-mail noc(a)dtel-ix.net and properly set up its router. After that route information exchange with RS will be provided.
It means that ISP announces on RS its routing tables (without full view) and accepts from RS routing table located on it.
In this case RS:
- does NOT announce default route, private networks, private AS;
- announces to its customers full route table located on it and allows using certain BGP attributes* for management (making filters) flexibility;
- After accepting of announce from particular member, RS adds to it the coordinates (next-hop) of origin router and in such form announces it to other members. So through RS pass route announces only, traffic goes directly. While making of announce acceptance filters should be done interview of WHOIS.RIPE.NET database and filtering of announces accepted by RS.
Main principles of filtering are:
- Announces of private networks are not accepted;
- Announces of private AS are not accepted;
- Announces of default routes are not accepted;
- From AS XXX shall be accepted announce of networks for which the value of origin field is within the range of accepted AS;
- From AS XXX shall be accepted announce of AS that are announced to AS31210 in description of AS XXX.
Updating the filter is automatic every night at 03:00.
*Using or attribute community:
1. Block of route announce to specific peer 0:"peer-as"
2. route announce to specific peer 31210:"peer-as"
3. Block of route announce to all peers 0:31210
4. route announce to all peer 31210:31210 (или отсутствие**)
community that begins not with 31210: or 0: will be ignored by RS
** announces without community statement will be delivered to all members.